Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011

Okay, it appears I haven't been around these parts too much in the past 6 months or so (shit, time does indeed fly). No that I have been inactive on the reviewing front, most often I have just neglected this forum for one reason or another. But I have decided to make a comeback in the hope that someone out there may read this and appreciate the opinions of a passionate music writer. As mentioned, I have produced a few articles in the past few months, and they can all be read here: http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/people/sam-1710/portfolio/articles/ Most notable of the articles include a review of Little Red's 'Midnight Remember', an interview with Benjamin Plant of Miami Horror, and live reviews of Cloud Control, Alexisonfire, and Hungry Kids of Hungary to name but a few. Perhaps you can enjoy these at your own leisure.

In the meantime I will hopefully continue to post more frequently on here in order to keep you up to date with various live shows and well-documented albums. It is only February, and there has already been some fantastic (and some not so fantastic) music released this year, which I will hopefully have a chance to back track and provide an opinion on. And of course, the music world was surprised last week when Radiohead dropped their 8th album 'The King of Limbs' seemingly from nowhere, so it would be wrong not to have a view on that in the coming days. I think that is all. The first review I will provide for this year is from UK group Crystal Fighters, who gained some early 2011 success with their track 'Follow'. Look for analysis of 'Star of Love' above this post.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment